Core Skills Workshops
Experiential learning for independent consultants.
You can’t steer a parked car. This 8-week workshop on specialization helps you experience that initial feeling of traction with specialization.
(You missed this one; sign up below to get notified about future workshops.)
Point of View Workshop
You missed this one; sign up below to get notified about future workshops.
These workshops support independent consultants
The path to really thriving as an independent consultant often looks like this:
- You specialize.
- You learn how to move beyond referrals and repeat business to generating your own leads.
- You start to increase profitability, often by packaging and pricing your services rather than billing hourly.
- You start to cultivate a point of view so that — even if you’re in market with strong competitors — you stand out from your competition in a meaningful way.
- You invest some of that profitability into more expensive but impactful brand marketing.
- Finally, you might invest some of that profitability into primary research that leads to truly unique intellectual property, which further increases profitability.
For some of these stages of the journey, I have really great 8-week online workshops. For others (basic lead generation and pricing), I refer you to others who have better educational offerings than I’m positioned to create.
My workshops are designed with this philosophy:
- Any educational offering I sell must be based on principles that work well within the context of a differentiated, profitable, expertise-driven services business.
- The learning must be experiential in nature. No passive learning allowed; participants must finish the workshop having practiced new skills in a challenging but supportive environment.
All workshops happen online, with weekly meetings held using Zoom. They all use a hybrid approach blending pre-recorded video content, hands-on homework and experiential learning, a Slack channel, and live realtime meetings where your participation is expected and enough structure is provided to make it comfortable for extraverts and introverts to participate fully.
Most workshops last 2 months. Most are limited to 20 participants each.
Most workshops cost $700 per person.
I reserve 4 seats in each workshop for reduced-price or free scholarships.