Summary: Building Better Outreach Lists
When it comes to finding ideal clients, there are several extremely useful skills.
This is not a complete list, but for starters:
- Be able to deliver a persuasive, interesting talk on your subject of expertise
- Be able to build a list of the right people to talk to at potential ideal clients
- Be able to inform, entertain, and persuade people through the written word
- Be able to do good market researchBeing proactive in generating referrals
- Of those skills, one shows up in a surprising number of different contexts: Be able to build a list of the right people to talk to at potential ideal clients.
That's why I have come to regard that skill as the "Uber Skill". It provides value to you in so many different situations. Whether it's market research, validating a potential market position, or actually starting to directly market your services to specific clients through outbound marketing, the skill of building a high quality list is paramount.
You can try to outsource this work, but that can often (but not always) be an expensive lesson in how little list-building companies care about quality lists.
So why not watch this Dev Shop Marketing Briefing and learn how to do it yourself?
Kai Davis--the most experienced and skilled outreach consultant I know--speaks about building better outreach lists:
- Why better (more qualified) lists improve your outreach success
- Different strategies for building the list
- Several approaches for finding critical information (ID companies, ID decision makers, find email addresses)
- How to qualify / clean your list for maximum quality
As usual, I've asked Kai to keep his presentation to a short and information-packed 30 minutes to allow plenty of time for up to 60 minutes of questions.
Kai charges $400 for a 1-hour call. How about getting that level of expert insight into your list-building questions for no money at all?
Lead Generation Resources for Your Custom Software Development Business
The absolute best resource I have to help you build an effective, repeatable lead generation infrastructure for your custom software development shop is my email list. Every weekday you'll get a Vitamin B shot of value for your business.
Signup below to get immediate access: