A core problem of the Internet is information oversupply.
Despite this, there are still opportunities to earn visibility online. A list:
- Be more useful. This requires market insight, so that you know what would be more useful to a group of people.
- Be a match for an information-filtering heuristic:
- “Who has the most succinct, fact-based take on this?”
- “Who seems to have a no-BS take on this?”
- “Who can speak from strong experience about this?”
- “Who is going to make gorging myself with information fun?”
- “Who can I most easily remember as a source of information on this?”
- Be ubiquitously present within a group. Make your own group if necessary.
- Be more flammable so that you are suitable fuel for the engines that run on little sequential explosions, knowing that you’ll become exhaust fumes quite quickly.
- Seek the new+popular, where there is often a temporary reversal of the information oversupply situation.
There are more, but I’m aiming for 200 words or less in these daily emails. 🙂
Email title note: If you’re looking for an energetic, “woohoo, Spring is here!” album, Band of Horses Everything All The Time would be my current suggestion. 🙂