I would write about marketing more if that would help my audience "do better marketing".
As it turns out, doing good marketing is the second-order consequence of doing other things well.
And so I write about those other things instead — the causes rather than the effects — knowing that better marketing will flow from these things quite naturally:
- Your quest to find a place in the market where your self-made expertise produces exceptional value.
- Your quest to deepen and strengthen that expertise.
- Your quest to package that expertise in an attractive way.
- Your quest to make yourself and your offerings distinctive and memorable.
- Your quest to make your services more impactful and profitable.
Marketing is simply sharing your quest in a vivid, interesting, and helpful way and, in some cases, recruiting others to join your quest.