What you are up to — notes from readers
- From Foregroundweb, “I did a 6-month-log research project where I manually reviewed the most popular 100 photography websites in the world to track more than 50 technical stats. I compiled all the insights in this free report, so that other photographers (my target audience) can learn what to do and what NOT to do on their own sites.: https://www.foregroundweb.com/photography-website-statistics/”
- Jim Thornton is doing the kind of thinking-through-writing that often can lead to innovation in this series of articles: email list vs website – which is more important?, email list vs website: part 2, and “outsized returns” indicates past mistakes.
- I’d still like to recruit a few more participants for the Phoenix Project business simulation that Luca Ingianni is facilitating for us. Details here, just hit reply to let me know if you might be interested.
- I wish the author had further developed this piece, but even so it was interesting food for thought about how to be more effective when presenting in an online context: https://tech.mangot.com/blog/2020/10/19/on-virtual-conference-speaking/
- In the rewrite of TPM, I compare consultants who are specialized in a platform to baby possums, Oakies, Kate Winslett in “Titanic”, rock musicians, Darth Vader’s collaborators, the sons of Saturn in this painting, and Kyle McLaughlin in “Dune”. It is a poetic chapter. Before the book manuscript reaches the layout stage, you can read it here: https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://gist.githubusercontent.com/philipmorg/964918935d879784bcd0de19365594e3/raw/78bbb8bae9a5e7581f545c1ad5c114b037c3be26/tpm-v2.9.html
Please share what you’re up to with this list!! I really love promoting the work y’all are doing, especially if it involves building something, taking risks, personal growth for you, or turning your expertise into an impactful gift for those you are focused on serving. Fill out this mercifully brief form and I’ll share the relevant ones back to this list: https://airtable.com/shrggV8bWtGa2JMxG
Keep building; keep taking risks y’all,