This is technically a mailbag item for this email, but actually it’s a reminder that market research need not be difficult.
From Jim T:
I was browsing an active independent mortgage brokers facebook group and boy, it is a treasure trove of insight for anyone trying to do specialization for that vertical.
In about 5 posts I learned:
- what web design options typically get recommended
- what taglines 20+ commenters use to describe/position their brokerages
- what they really care about, which is quickly getting the lowest rate for clients
- key pain points of
- lenders taking too long to approve,
- dealing with Realtors that don’t “get it”
- general angst at wholesale lenders that are trying to cut them out of deals and overcharge consumers on loans
A little more research shows the last item being such a big deal right now that thousands of these independent mortgage brokers have rallied together to get better pricing from big lenders for their clients.
Again, gaining insight into how your buyers think (aka market research) need not be that hard!