Workshop 1: Decision-Making
Go from confusion to clarity about how you can specialize in just 4 weeks
Deciding how to specialize your custom software development business is confusing or frustrating.
Here's how I'll help you solve that problem:
- I'll walk you through my process for moving from confusion to clarity & confidence in 4 weeks.
- I'll limit the participation to 7 people so that you have lots of time to ask me questions and get "spot consulting" assistance during each of our four, 60-minute live meetings.
- I'll provide you with a simple framework that gets you 80% of the clarity possible with 20% of the effort and time.
- I'll help you get outside your own head by helping you think about things in terms of the value your prospective clients see in your services.
- I'll set you up with multiple, unique tools and processes that bring as much "plug and play" ease as possible to your decision making about how to specialize.
- I'll help keep you accountable to making progress by breaking the task down into bite-sized chunks you can do on your own time between live meetings. You won't be doing this alone.
No matter where you're starting from, at the end of this workshop you'll have 2 good options for specializing in a way that maximizes your confidence and future earning ability.
This workshop will be offered:
March, 2018Already complete, 7 people had career-changing, business-revolutionizing experiences 🙂
- May, 2018
- July, 2018
- October, 2018
I currently promote and sell this workshop mainly over email to my email list, but you're always invited to apply for the workshop right from this page.
Pricing works like this:
- T minus 4 weeks before the workshop starts, I email anyone who is both a previous customer/client of mine and still signed up for my email list and offer the workshop to them for the "customer price", which is $500 ($300 off the full workshop price). Customers have 3 weeks to take advantage of this price.
- T minus 3 weeks before the workshop starts, I email the non-customers on my email list and offer the workshop early bird price, which is $600 ($200 off the full workshop price). Non-customers have 1 week to take advantage of the early bird price.
- T minus 2 weeks before the workshop starts, non-customers can sign up for the full price of $800.
- T minus 1 week: Workshop registration closes about 1 week before the workshop begins to allow time for prep work, etc.
Why should you trust me to help you with this important decision?
Over the years I've helped hundreds of self-employed software developer with this transition from generalist to specialist. Along the way I've developed a specific process for breaking this intimidating decision down into discrete steps that help you gain clarity and confidence without being overwhelmed.
This page would be super long if I included every kind word from a customer or testimonial here, but you can peruse some of those over here: https://philipmorganconsulting.com/what-my-clients-say/
The price is $500 if you're a customer/client of mine, $600 if you're a non-customer who pays before the early bird registration deadline (that deadline is 2 weeks before the workshop starts), and $800 full price. Make sure you apply as soon as possible because space is limited, and the application deadline for the workshop is 1 week before the workshop begins.
Here's what you're getting when you buy:
- A 4-week online workshop.
- Meetings are held using Zoom.us at 9am to 10am Pacific time (convert that to your local time here) on Wednesdays during the month of the workshop. These are not webinars. They are actual live meetings where you can ask any and all questions by just talking directly to me.
- Access to a private Discourse forum for Q&A between meetings.
- Videos to teach you the important concepts you need to know before each live workshop session
- 1 Year of continued access to workshop materials (videos, tools, etc.) in case you want to revisit them later
- A small group environment that should help introverts feel comfortable participating
- Bonus: You'll get the Complete Bundle of The Positioning Manual for Technical Firms
If you'd like to reserve your seat now, there's a simple application process:
- Schedule a 20-minute call with me to check for fit: https://calendly.com/philipmorgan/20m-call-to-check-for-workshop-fit
- During the call I'll ask a few questions to make sure you are likely to get a good ROI from this workshop and answer any questions you may have
- If we both agree it's a good fit I'll send you a payment link.
If you have questions, please drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How much time do I need to put into this workshop each week to get good results?
A: Plan on 4 to 6 hours per week. Some weeks will require less, but if you can free up 4 to 6 hours of "working on the business time" you should be in good shape.
When I started this workshop, I had a lot of ideas about specialization and marketing swirling around in mind but my headspace wasn't focused. Now I am starting to think more specifically in terms of outcomes and value that I can help my ideal customer realize and this has made all the difference in my thinking! I feel more focused, relaxed, and hopeful! Thank you for helping bring about this change in mindset. -- Mayank Patel
I found especially helpful the practical steps and exercises you prepared for us, since I knew most of the "theory" but had no idea how to put it into practice. -- Alessandro Menduni