From the Ottowa Citizen:
An employee of the Royal Canadian Mint allegedly smuggled about $180,000 in gold from the fortress-like facility, possibly evading multiple levels of detection with a time-honoured prison trick.
Hiding the precious metal up his bum.
I guess that’s one way to prepare for retirement!
How did they catch this guy?
Court was told that, on multiple occasions, Lawrence took small circular chunks of gold — a cookie-sized nugget called a “puck” — to Ottawa Gold Buyers in the Westgate Shopping Centre on Carling Avenue.
Typically, the pucks weighed about 210 grams, or 7.4 ounces, for which he was given cheques in the $6,800 range, depending on fluctuating gold prices, court heard. He then deposited the cheques at the Royal Bank in the same mall.
One day a teller became suspicious at the size and number of Ottawa Gold Buyers cheques being deposited and Lawrence’s request to wire money out of the country. She then noticed on his account profile that he worked at the Mint. The first red flag was up.
I think the better way to plan for retirement is to have a profitable business.
The best way to increase profitability is to do one or more of the following:
- Move partially or completely away from implementation and move towards advising on high-stakes, high-ROI projects
- Sell your time or access to you in a one-to-many delivery format
- Reduce the amount of time required for you to deliver a valuable result to your clients
- Create digital products that sell with little or no marginal cost in terms of your effort to sell them
All of these profitability-boosters benefit from an understanding of positioning.
You can get a hands-on understanding of positioning in my upcoming Positioning Workshop: https://philipmorganconsulting.com/positioning-workshop/
- Live meeting times: 9am Pacific on November 9, 16th, 23rd, and Dec 7 (that’s right, no meeting on Nov 30th. You’ll need the time for extra homework 🙂 ). Meetings will be 60 to 90 minutes each and recorded in case you miss one.
- There will be homework, mileposts, and structure at every point. You’ll know exactly what you should be working on each week.
There will be a high level of support and direct access to me via private Facebook group.
- The first 10 seats are available at $350, the next 10 at $500, and the last 10 at $700.
- You’ll have to fill out a brief application form. I want to make sure this workshop is right for you, so I’ll ask a few questions about your background and goals to make sure it is.
To learn more, head over to https://philipmorganconsulting.com/positioning-workshop/
Talk to you soon,
If your dev shop got fewer than 10 leads last week, you need to take this free email course –> http://positioningcrashcourse.com