My work helps you with 4 problems. My education work is primarily focused on current and aspiring independent consultants, but self-employed people in almost any services profession (freelancers, software developers, etc.) can benefit.
What question are you currently focused on?
- "I’m a generalist, and realize I’m all over and not good at any of the things, maybe I see my work being commoditized or my platform dying, or maybe COVID has cut my business in half; what do I do now?" Solutions for generalists.
- "I’ve specialized, and I’m trying to figure out lead generation but a lot of the advice seems wrong for expertise-driven services." Lead generation solutions for specialists.
- "I’ve figured out lead generation and I’m working on increasing profitability, and I want to experiment with ways to de-couple my revenue from my time." Profitability increasing solutions for specialists.
- "I’m focused on more advanced consulting challenges like developing intellectual property, and I want to learn about solo business owner-friendly ways of cultivating and monetizing intellectual property." IP solutions for specialists.
Best Articles by Topic
Interested in something specific? Here are some of my best work on specific topics:
- The Death of a Market Position
- How Permanent is a Specialization Decision?
- How Much Expertise do You Have to Have to Specialize?
- A can of beans over a hobo campfire
- “Anxiety-adjusted returns”
- How do I Craft a CLEAR Positioning Statement?
- What Does it Actually FEEL Like to be a Specialist?
- What Creates Credibility for a Specialist?
- How Much More Money Can Specialists Make?
- What Should a Specialist Website Look Like?
- Why Is Specialization Scary?
- Is The Market Big Enough? How Can I Be Sure?
- How Can I Get Hired With No Relevant Case Studies?
- The Lead Generation Operating System
- Most of you have completely interchangeable points of view
- POV, Tone, Voice, and Style
- How do I start and grow a qualified email list?
- Grazing -> cowpaths -> roads
- Connecting the dots
- 6 models for sellin’ transformation
- Brand marketing for the niche expertise-driven business
- Sales pages, PDF, and trust
- Mental blocks to selling advisory services
- Do experts have to be right?
- How to provide value?
- A different sort of opportunity